Google
Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for my FREE Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

How I made it through Christmas

When I heard that my marriage was over there was nothing really final about it until I heard about getting a divorce three weeks before Christmas.

I was temporarily emotionally disabled. At the time, if someone had slapped me, I would have never felt it.

How do you deal with your emotions when you are all twisted up inside? How do you get up again when you are feeling like a tangled mess?

My answer came in a decision to make the first Christmas of not having my family together beautiful still. It was a decision that cost me something.

I had to pay the price of embracing the truth that life was still worth living and I along with my children deserved to experience the joy of Christmas.

Am I saying that I wasn’t hurting? No, that’s not what I am saying. What I am telling you is that I made it through because I was determined to celebrate the wonder of the season and I did it while I was still chopped up inside.

I was not going to numb my pain with substitutes nor put on a clown face and pretend that I am a stone. I acknowledged that I was hurting, wept sorely and when that was over…there was still life to live.

And I couldn’t let it overcome me because I was made to rise above it all.

Have yourself a Beautiful and Joyous Christmas 2007.

No comments: